X By Margaux Handsome Hand Wash 300ml
X By Margaux Hold My Hand Hand Cream 30ml
Giftset I Love Naturals Hand Care Duo Bergamot & Seaweed
Dr. Hauschka Regenerating Hand Cream 50ml
Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Intensive Moisturising Hand Treatment 30ml
Sally Hansen Spa Hydrate Hand Mask 26ml
x by margaux2
5 - 9 EUR
10 - 19 EUR
20 - 29 EUR
Looking after your hands is an issue every day, which is no surprise, as your hands work hard for you. They handle your jobs for you and you use them to make gestures that express what you want to communicate. This also means that they get a lot of attention. Make sure that they shine in the spotlight by looking after them properly, with hand creams, gentle hygiene products and a regular manicure. That’s not so easy in everyday life – the fact that Googling "dry hands" gets more than 4 million hits speaks for itself. If you want to know how to keep your hands soft and supple, read on to find out.
Protecting and moisturising are essential for the stressed skin on our hands, but there are several factors to consider when you choose a cream.
- Firstly, the cream should prevent dryness. If you just want a silky feeling after washing your hands, a light formulation will do; if your hands are dry and chapped, however, then they need repairing care.
- At the same time, you have to like the feel of the cream and everyone has different tastes. Find the right balance for you between nourishing your skin and a pleasant feeling as you apply it.
- The fragrance should also appeal to you, as you're going to be smelling it several times a day. So ask yourself if you want a cream with an intense fragrance or if you prefer something fragrance-free.
- Last but not least, the texture should be suitable for everyday use; i.e. it should fit into your daily routine. If you have to wash your hands a lot, they will need more care. If the residue from hand cream on your devices drives you crazy, choose a cream that absorbs quickly.
- Once you find a hand cream that ticks all your boxes, stick with it!
Tips for soft hands
Besides moisturising cream, your habits also play a big role in looking after your hands. Our tips will stop your hands from drying out as fast.
- Wash your hands in lukewarm water; hot water is too much stress for your skin.
- Use cleansing products that will nourish the skin on your hands – these are available as both soaps and hand sanitisers.
- Rinse the soap off thoroughly.
- Apply hand cream after every wash.
- Indulge your hands and give them a special treatment every now and then. To do this, apply a nourishing skincare product liberally before bed and put on cotton gloves, so that the ingredients can work their magic overnight.
- Protect your skin by wearing gloves when you are washing up, cleaning and doing similar jobs.
Attractive hands also include well-groomed nails, so look after yours at least once a week. File your nails and remove sharp and frayed edges immediately to prevent larger splits. Always file in the same direction, never back and forwards. Nourishing polishes and nail oils strengthen and care for the nail bed and are also available as clear products. You can wear them on their own or use them as a base for a coat of colour.
Hand and nail care with Afound
Make beautiful hands your calling card. Give them the care and protection they need day to day and pamper them with an occasional overnight treatment. If you’re wondering where to find rich hand creams with a luxurious fragrance, the answer is in our deals, of course. Explore our range of lotions and products for your manicure!
What is the shelf life of hand cream?
Unopened hand creams have a shelf life of at least 30 months. Read the packaging to find out how quickly you should use up the product after opening. Look for a small symbol that looks like an open jar and the number next to it tells you how many months you can use the hand cream after opening. This is generally 12 months.
How often should I apply hand cream?
There are also no limits to how often you can apply hand cream; if your hands feel dry, then use the cream. However, your skin will get used to it and quickly demand more and more, so don’t overdo it. After washing your hands is a good time because this attacks the skin’s protective layer, so looking after it will really pay dividends.
Why do many hand creams contain glycerine?
Glycerin is a powerful humectant that binds a lot of water to it. Used in creams, it ensures that moisture is retained in the skin instead of evaporating. That is why creams for dry skin in particular are often enriched with this ingredient, as it improves the skin’s moisture levels in the long term. And glycerin is also available from natural sources, so it can also be found in organic and natural cosmetic products.